Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 21 No book or author of the day - Ottawa

I like to start by thanking my friends and readers for subscribing to this blog. It is a great incentive. I promise to share engaging moments during my upcoming trip of Africa and Russia. My sister sent me a sweet message today and at the end she mentioned this blog. She hadn't been able to check it out before as her speakers were down. She said "y pues obvio el 12 de Enero tus lindas palabras que me pusieron a llorar ahogada, sos un papasote lindo.Muchas gracias".
Translation: "And obviously, on January 12 your beautiful words that made me breathlessly cry, you are a sweetheart. Many thanks". The 12 was her birthday... it is amazing how we can communicate our feelings through this cold and seemingly impersonal medium...



Keeping this blog up to date is not easy. I like the discipline and commitment to it; but on ocassions I am simply swamped. Today is one of these days. You can see it in my eyes, "mirror of my soul" as a Spanish saying states.

Tip of the day: a few hours of non-stop sleep are much better than many restless hours in bed. Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Greta said...

Congratulations fellow-Canadian! I felt very much the same at my ceremony. I didn't think I would get emotional but I did. I think I got all choked up at the anthem. And it was really neat to see so many people there. I had my ceremony down there at the office on Expo Blvd near BC Stadium. I think Dave even "took" the oath as well. Ha ha ha!