Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 20 On being a Canadian - Ottawa



I am actually writing on the 21, a day after the fact. I am tired... it's been an emotional week. I am happy I took the oath. some people at work "welcomed" me to the bunch... I thought I was already in... but I guess it is like being baptized... it gives you a name, a blessing and it prevents you from going to Limbo!



My book of the day is a twofold. One i have read (and learned) and the other one I haven't seen yet. A look at Canada is the booklet I had to read in order to prepare for my citizenship test. It is a very basic recollection of Canada's history... very "sanitized" and somehow outdated. Discover Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp#pdf) is supposed to be a "more realistic" How to be a Canadian booklet... we shall see. If anybody has read it, please share. I have attached a PDF version on this entry.



Going to bed now. More on the topic soon. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Moneca said...

we are fortunate to have you, congratulations on no limbo. Now I await your version of the great Canadian Novel.

Mesuto said...

Congratulations Antonio.

Antonio said...

Thank you Moneca and Mesut. I am very happy to be part of the bunch... We'll be celebrating with you soon too Mesut!

Unknown said...

I love the B/W picture with the little flag...