Monday, January 11, 2010

Jan 10 - The Move - Minto Suite Hotel - Ottawa



At some point we need to move. Sort through our stuff, get rid of stuff, pack it and take it away. Today was moving day. From my condo to a hotel suite in DT Ottawa. Reason: hmmm... A toilet seal broke in my bathroom, water leaked through the plywood, the wood got rotten and all of a sudden, one fine day, linoleum tiles and the hardwood floor in our room bumped up... result: we not only had to fix the plumbing issues but we needed to have our floors re-sanded, because when new wood comes in, it is impossible to match the colour unless you do the whole floor again. I live in a loft, and the floor is connected from room to room. I'll be out of my place for two weeks. It's a bummer but it almost feels like a vacation. I don't mind hotels, and although this one looks quite "classic" (let's say), it is ok... I have decided that I like its laundry room and its solarium: facing west towards the War Museum and the Ottawa river.

I am planning on taking the bus to work tomorrow... well, I should say later on this morning as it is almost 1 am right now. It will be interesting. OC Transpo 95. That will allow me to read, if I get to sit down. There is a book I want to start in preparation for my Africa trip.

Tip of the Day: Squeeze in some exercise on busy days, it always helps your body recover faster from the demands on your time and energy.

My book: the ABC of Art - My last minute Restaurant: Shawarma King, Bank Street Ottawa... a life savior. Today I've been in the mood to listen to Caetano Veloso, beautiful voice from Bahia, Brazil. One of my favourite scenes in Almodovar's Hable con Ella (Talk to Her) is the scene where Veloso sings Cucurrucucu Paloma. A classic. His music has also been featured in another movie favourite, Frida.

Here it is Caetano Veloso a la Almodovar!
Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: