Saturday, March 8, 2008

Latin Melodramas


And the latest episode of "Bordering with the Enemies" ended with a hug! the trilogy of Chavez, Uribe and Correa succumbed to the euphoric applause of a hungry audience and decided to kiss each other on the cheek during the closing ceremony of the Rio Group Summit in the Dominican Republic. Meanwhile in Colombian territory FARC themselves were killing their own brethren (Ivan Rios) and shipping his limbs to the House of Nariño. We'll see what the next season of this breathtaking soap opera has to offer.

My own melodrama started this morning when my father called me to let me know that my stepfather had been informed of my own sexual orientation. I could almost picture my dad knocking on my mom's door and saying to Fernando: "Prepare yourself for the news... my son is gay!" (ouch) that must've hurt. My mom has been the victim of her own worse nightmare... Another "dead secret" surfaced the soil of the graveyard where it was buried... now it is just a public eulogy. Good for my dad who spared me the hustle of going through a closet-come-out once again. He has certainly spread the good news of my most recent gospel!
Food for thought.


Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch? no,no,nooo...I think it was about time.
Hugs from Mallorca ;)

Antonio said...

How did you find me Berta Marcela?