Friday, July 11, 2008

Vancouver

Days in Vancouver smell of tangerine, herbs and sea breeze. Nights spread azalea and yeast aromas. I like the rainforest, the greenery it provokes and the sempiternity of Spring. The humidity it craves, the ecosystem it forces or sustains. The mountains that not only make the dull prairies abrupt but also retain the clouds that turn into rain and into life. It is the best temperature in the country and this atmosphere enlightens the lives of many who seem happier, fitter and more relaxed. In Vancouver you are greeted, talked to, acknowledged. The growing architecture is mixing with a blend of nationalities. There is a surprise waiting for you in any corner. It's got its flaws, of course... but as it isn't a pretentious place it may recognize them sooner than later. It's become expensive, a bit exclusive of its own but it's got all the potential I haven't seen in any other city in recent years.

Therefore, my days in Vancouver have been bright. I've gone through the hassles that brought me here. My first week has gone by. I feel relaxed, connected, fulfilled. I should end this night with an acrobatic orgy at Cirque du Soleil. Greta and David will join me. At a sunset on Kits' beach the other night, I thought that dusk looks even better when you return. We take for granted the seagull flight or the friendly smile until is gone. I will continue to worship this city until it proves me wrong. Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: