Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Joke...

... a very serious thing! His first novel.
Reading Kundera again is going back to my own origins as a writer. His pedantic knowledge and the singularity of his characters fascinate me. Love stories full of political sense and existentialism.  Happy to see commonalities with my latter story... a man who returns to his native city after years in some kind of exile... and an allegory of history... as a role player. I am lacking "the love element" in my tale... and I should be inspired by my own love story... that inner light that is shinning through my eyes. My book marker is a photo of S on that Thai boat that took us scuba diving around Phuket. When I look into those eyes I see a universe that knows no limits.
It's time to go to bed.
Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: