Thursday, January 29, 2009

Revolutionary Road

All roads should be revolutionary. I find that some of us loose hope as time goes by. Schemes and paradigms become the barriers we want to build instead of break. We become accommodating. We fear that drive that once enticed us to do meaningful things... that passion that wanted to change the world. I once packed up my few garments, sold off my scarce goods and embarked on a 10-year journey. Today, when I am about to reach a harbour the temptation is there to take off again. Why not? I'd love to yet again jump in the water and swim away. Along these years I have found companion. My significant other is not an anchor, he's a wing, a fin... we should not stop here, we have a longer journey ahead of us.

We've been watching some of the 2009 Oscar nominated feature films. Everybody talks about Benjamin Button, another recycled Forrest Gump (1994) with a more interesting premise and Slumdog Millionaire, A Bollywood soap opera with great camera shots and 2004 born-into-brothels-like characters aimed at breaking some Academy members' hearts.  My choice is Revolutionary Road... scheme-breaking... well done! (in recipe and flavour)... so far my favourite above Doubt (Seymour and Strip are great but so what?) and Freeze/Nixon (Too predictable, too "beginning, climax and happy end")... we'll see what happens with The Reader.

I like the name!

Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: